What is the 1 Goal Correct Score Strategy?
The max profit from this strategy will come if the goal is scored late in the second half so it is important to pick games where you don’t expect a lot of goals to be scored (especially in the first half).
The max loss will occur if the team you back to win 1-0, concedes a goal.
When this happens, you will lose 100% of your stake.
1 Goal Correct Score Entry Points
In terms of when you enter this strategy, you can either back one of the 1 nil scorelines before the match starts or you can wait until the game goes in play to see which of the teams looks more likely to score the first goal.
1 Goal Correct Score Exit Points
If no goal is scored
If no goal is scored then you will see the odds of both the 1-0 and 0-1 scorelines decrease until around the 65th minute. After that, the odds of both scorelines will start to gradually increase again.
Although you could exit with a green screen before the 65th minute mark, the 1 Goal Correct Score Strategy works best when you get a late goal in your favour as the odds will drastically decrease as the market doesn’t believe there is enough time for another goal to be scored.
If an early goal is scored in the first half
If the goal is scored in your favour then it is likely that the odds on the scoreline you backed will increase as the market will expect more goals.
Although you could wait until the odds drop on the 1 nil scoreline you backed, you risk losing all your stake if a second goal is scored so it is usually better to just exit your trade at the best odds available at this time.
If the first goal is scored by the other team, then you lose 100% of your initial back stake.
If a goal is scored late in the first half or early in the second half
In this scenario, the odds on the 1 nil scoreline are likely to at least fall a small bit (unless the first half was very high tempo with lots of chances being created).
The best strategy is to exit your trade for a small profit or loss.
If a goal is scored late in the second half
This is the scenario you are looking for with this strategy as the later the goal is scored, the bigger your profits will be.
Pros of the 1 Goal Correct Score Trading Strategy
- Strategy is easy to implement
- Last minute goals will lead to big profits
- You have the chance to exit the trade in the first half if you think the match is too lively.
- It is relatively easy to find matches that suit this strategy
Cons of the 1 Goal Correct Score Trading Strategy
- You will have lots of small losses before hitting a big win
- Good discipline is required as you may have to deal with long losing streaks
- You may be tempted to let trades run if an early goal is scored in your favour
- You need to be able to quickly get on your computer to trade out as the first goal could be scored at any point during the match so it is definitely not a set and forget strategy.
- It can be hard to get value odds on the 1 nil scorelines if not many goals are expected in the match.